From deep into the Nice mountains, Stéphane works for Red Hat on the Vert.x and Quarkus projects.
Eager to share, he is a frequent speaker at various conferences such as the Scheme Workshop, Nice University, Devoxx, JavaOne, JavaZone, JAX, many Java User Groups as well as the Riviera Java User Group he co-leads. A long-time open-source user and advocate, he worked on Ceylon, RESTEasy, Redpipe, Reactive Contexts, jax-doclets, stamps.js and various Play! Framework modules. He is also co-creator of the Riviera DEV conference.
He now works full time on various Vert.x and Quarkus projects for Red Hat.
Quarkus Renarde 🦊♥ is a new Web framework based on Quarkus. This time we're not doing micro-services, but a Web application, by making Quarkus even easier to use for that:
- Endpoints based on convention, even easier than RESTEasy Reactive and JAX-RS
- Templating (server-side) with Qute
- Validation with Hibernate Validation
- Data with Hibernate ORM or Reactive with Panache
- Authentication with Open ID Connect or Webauthn, fingers in the nose
And all this while keeping the joy of developing with Quarkus (live reload, continuous testing, DEV UI, etc…)
We will show you all these foxy features thanks to a sample but complete application: a Todo with users, registration/login/OIDC/Webauthn, validation, emails, etc…