We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our event and community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behaviour that contribute to a positive environment include:
* Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
* Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
* Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
* Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from that experience
* Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community
Examples of unacceptable behaviour include:
* The use of sexualized language or imagery, sexual attention or advances of any kind
* Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
* Public or private harassment
* Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
* Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
We hope that this Code of Respect can apply at all times and in all channels, including but not limited to attendance of Devoxx UK events and activities, and all interactions with others within the community, be they in person or online.
Enforcement & Reporting
All participants of Devoxx UK activities can be responsible for clarifying and enforcing our standards of acceptable behaviour. If you have seen, heard or been made aware of any behavoiur that you believe is contrary to our standards and wish to report it, please contact Kim Fletcher, Community Manager for Devoxx UK, at firstname.lastname@example.org
During the hours that Devoxx UK is running, you may seek out a member of the conference staff either at the registration desk or in the Organisers Office.
We will seek to take appropriate and fair action in response to any behaviour that is deemed inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
All reported concerns will be reviewed and investigated promptly and fairly, and we shall respect the privacy and security of the reporter of any incident.
If a participant is deemed to have acted contrary to our Code of Respect, we reserve the right to take any action we believe is appropriate in the circumstance, including warning the offender or expulsion from any events and activities of the conference and community.
This Code of Respect is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 2.0, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/0/code_of_conduct.html.
Community Impact Guidelines were inspired by Mozilla’s code of conduct enforcement ladder.